UCLA Extension


housing_static_Ush_Apts_color_smInternational students enrolled in UCLA Extension programs typically live off-campus, usually in apartments.

Exceptions: On-campus housing is available during the summer quarter only for those enrolled in the American Language Center or Study Abroad programs.

We suggest you make arrangements for housing and confirm your arrangements well in advance of your arrival.

Housing Information Listings/Sources:

  • Hotels: If you need a place to stay when you first arrive or after your housing check-out date, these hotels are near the UCLA campus. Some offer a UCLA discount.
  • Long-term housing: Many international students choose to stay in privately-owned residence halls, homestays, or furnished apartments.
  • UCLA Community Housing Office (CHO): Provides free information on short- and long-term housing, rental locations, rental agreements, and more.
  • Online listings: Classified advertisement pages of the UCLA Daily Bruin and Los Angeles Times
  • Commercial housing agencies:  Westside Rentals

Please be aware that UCLA Extension does not manage, endorse, nor make specific recommendations regarding the housing facilities listed within our housing section. This information is provided simply to assist students. The providers listed are not the only housing options available.

Further, all housing contracts and arrangements are between students and housing providers and are not the responsibility of UCLA Extension. You are responsible for arranging your own accommodations directly with the housing provider of your choice.