Please read the entire Pre-Master’s Preparation Application before filling it out.
New and continuing students: Follow the checklist carefully to ensure that you are submitting a complete application.
Transfer students: Students currently attending another school in the U.S. who want to transfer to an ALC program, please submit a SEVIS Transfer Form and the Pre-Master’s Preparation application.
Applications will be accepted until the dates shown in the Important Dates section. Late applications will be considered if space and time permit. Apply at least 10 weeks before the start of a session to allow time for obtaining an F-1 visa.
Current American Language Center Students
If you are already enrolled in the American Language Center’s Academic Intensive English Program (AIEP) and currently in level 106A/B, you may apply to Pre-Master’s Preparation if you earn grades of at least A- in your core courses and have an instructor’s recommendation. In this case, you do not have to submit TOEFL iBT or IELTS scores with your application. However, you will have to meet the other requirements for Pre-Master’s Preparation.
If you are already enrolled in an American Language Center program, but are not in AIEP level 106A/B, please speak to the academic advisor regarding applying to Pre-Master’s Preparation. If you apply, you will need to submit TOEFL iBT or IELTS scores with your application.
Winter Quarter Option
Pre-Master’s Preparation is a 16-week program. However, if you want to continue after the Fall Quarter of Pre-Master’s Preparation, you can enroll in an optional quarter in winter 2017. This option will be discussed during the Pre-Master’s Preparation session.
Online Payment and Project IDs
- Online credit card payments are always recommended. The Pre-Master’s Preparation does not accept faxed credit card payments.
- To pay by credit card online, you will need the Project ID numbers listed below. Please follow these instructions:
- If you are not sure of your Student ID #, please contact the ALC office by email (email@example.com) or by phone (310-825-9068).
The payment process for Pre-Master’s Preparation involves 2 phases:
- Payment of the Application Fee: The application will be processed after payment has been received; please pay the application fee before submitting the application.
- Student Services & Program Fees: These fees are due after you have been notified of your acceptance into the Pre-Master’s Preparation. If accepted, your enrollment will not be complete until you pay these fees (see the deadline given in the Important Dates section).
You may apply by mail and pay your fees by check or money order by mailing your documents to the address below. If you have already submitted your application documents and are paying fees to meet the payment deadline, be sure to include your name and Student ID #.Mailed Applications & Payments
Main Cashier’s Office, Department K
10995 Le Conte Avenue, Room 139
Los Angeles, CA 90024-1333, U.S.A.
Bank Wire Transfers
Optional Winter Quarter Payment Information
- After completing the 16-week program, you can participate in an optional winter quarter of Pre-Master’s Preparation. Registration information for the optional quarter will be provided during the Pre-Master’s Preparation session.
Once you have been notified by email of your acceptance for the optional quarter of Pre-Master’s Preparation, your enrollment will not be complete until you have paid the Student Services and Program fees. These fees must be paid no later than the deadline given in the Important Dates section.